- The ProRAW capture process is based on parameters only the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can provide (hardware limitation)
- Your device needs to run iOS 14.3 or newer
Lenses and Modes:
- ProRAW is available for all lenses on the new Pro iPhones – this means you can take ProRAW photos with the ultra wide and the front-facing selfie camera (not possible with standard RAW)
- ProRAW is also available in ProCamera’s automatic A mode, which means it supports multi camera fusion (merging image information from various lenses/sensors), while standard RAW strictly requires single-lens capture. Standard RAW is therefore only available in M or SI mode as it contains unprocessed sensor data.
How to set file format to RAW:
- Open the Control Panel in Photo or LowLight camera mode to activate RAW capture
- Via Settings > File Format > Raw format you can determine whether standard RAW or ProRAW is available in the Control Panel
Please sign in to leave a comment.